CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
made by Leeloumade by Leelou

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New year and Currently!

Happy New Year everyone! It has been a busy couple of months especially with the holidays so I have some updates. Our classroom became nature spies this fall and we ventured out on our nature trail quite a bit. We collected pieces of nature and made really neat nature collages, we worked in pairs and compared leaves we collected, and we also read the book Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert and made our very own Leaf Man! Here are a couple of the ones that the kids made.


My co-teacher also found out about an awesome gingerbread man exchange and since we do a big gingerbread unit it fit in perfectly. We had all the kids make a gingerbread man and we sent them out to 13 different pre-k and k classes around the U.S. The kids were super excited when we started receiving the gingerbread men in the mail. We mapped all of them out and it was tons of fun!

 Some of the gingerbread men we made.









 
 
 
The ones we received all mapped out.
 





The holidays were wonderful spending time with family and friends! I made a whole bunch of crafty pinterest gifts and they were a big hit. My brother got vinyl record bowl, my little cousin a personal lego briefcase, hot cocoa with bailey's for all the adults, and cute scrabble ornaments which were used as gift tags for everyone. I only have a picture of the scrabble ornament because unfortunately I forgot to take pics of everything else. 

Here's one of the ornaments.

I'm linking up with Farley for January's currently because I love these!

I love the new Dave Matthews CD, my sister got it for me for Christmas and I love it! 
Downtown Abby is coming back on Sunday and I'm super excited! It's a PBS show that my sister and mother got me hooked on, I love shows/books set in the past and this one is wonderful. 
Lately I have been feeling very blessed for all the people I have in my life and also for the fact that I have a great job that I really love. 
I am in need of a chocolate fix desperately and I have a recent obsession with hot cocoa. It will be happening after I finish this post. 
Oh the laundry has piled up to an embarrassing amount. Especially since I was home for a week. What can I say the week was better spent spending time with my wonderful family and beautiful godson.
My One Little Word is Positive because it's something I want to remain throughout the whole year. Not really a resolution but a word I want to keep in the front of my mind every day when I wake up. 

That's it for me....now time for that hot cocoa!

~Miss F :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found you via the "Currently" linky - and how funny to see that you also wrote hot cocoa for your Wanting field! I love the multi-color owls, they are adorable. I also really like the gingerbread men exchange idea - I need to think of a way to incorporate something like that into my junior high classes. Have a great 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I have never seen Downtown Abbey but I often hear people talk about it and have seen several facebook posts about it. Maybe it's something that I should check out.

    Your leaf men are so cute! :)

    -Courtney
    http://2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete